We're honored to be the stewards of OnlineGo.com, an online resource available on
the Internet since 12 December 1999. Today and into our future, we want to describe with
details about the information collected as part of you visiting this website, and the purposes of collecting
this data, describing how your information is used.
When you visit OnlineGo.com we collect the following information:
- your Internet Address - this is an identifier that is assigned by your Internet Service
Provider in order to enable us to send back a reply to your browser's request for data and information
from our site's server, enabling two-way communication between our site's server and your computer.
- details about your browser and your window - this type of information includes details
such as your window's height and width, your resolution, your browser type and particular features that
it supports or not.
- cookies - these include identifiers that are stored on your computer by us and can be recalled
as part of your future site visits.
As an overall rule, we do not collect personable identifiable information except when required and elected by you
(e.g. to charge your billing information). Our practices respect
the CCPA and GDPR legislation and we aim to comply with privacy regulations required by your local jurisdiction.
Purpose of Collection
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- site availability and security - it is our aim to maintain OnlineGo.com operational for the vast
majority of users even during peak hours. However we will not tolerate visits that aim to attack our infrastructure
and lead to an overload that makes our services unavailable. In such situations the information
collected helps differenciate between attack requests and normal traffic.
- market research and development prioritization - by being aware of our customers' devices,
we can influence site development in order to launch features that are compatible with the majority
of our customers' devices (in aggregate). We might also prioritize localization and translations
based on the location of our visitors.
- customization of your experience - we de-duplicate visits across unique visitors
and to save your "level" of awareness pertaining to the game of Go and to customize your experience
in order to make it more relevant to your expections, as well as to make it easy for you to access
previous interactions you had with our site.
- monetization and advertisements - we might show you advertisements that are customized based
on your collected data in order to personalize the ads that you see according to your interests.
By optimizing our revenue we're able to increase the set of features that are made available to you
as a site visitor.
- payment processing and accounting - the information we collect might be used for processing
payments in connection with our website, and for accounting purposes related to such potential payments.
Data might be shared with 3rd party entities (usually our partners) for valid business reasons, including:
- our server providers - including but not limited to Hetzner and DigitalOcean.
- our CDN providers - including but not limited to Amazon / CloudFront.
- our analytics partners - including but not limited to Google Analytics.
- our ad network partners - including but not limited to Media.net.
- our accounting partners.
- fiscal / legal representatives under the jurisdictions where we operate - including the national agencies of the country of Romania.
We do not distribute your information to any third party for profit or for the purpose of reselling your data.
We have a zero tolerance policy for abusive data usage practices such as spam.
Objections and Remedies
If you object to any provision presented in the current document, you are not authorized to access the OnlineGo.com website.
<< back to the homepage